Introduction & Welcome:
Welcome to Relax Consulting. If you would like to learn more, we start out with a free consultation. My goal is to learn more about your business and answer your questions. I do not SELL anything to anyone - if we pinpoint a need, we would mutually decide to move forward. There's no risk in the consultation and it costs nothing more than your time.
Relax Consulting was launched in 2012 by Crystal Otto (then Crystal Casavant) with a professional mission and a personal mission:
Professional Mission: Help others succeed
Personal Mission: Use Crystal's talents to their fullest to provide for her family's financial freedom
Why Administrative Consulting?
Crystal did an assessment of her skills, talents, and abilities to determine what line of work she would be best suited for. This began as her personal quest to find her dream job. During that process she realized she ultimately wanted to be her own boss. She wanted financial freedom to provide for her young family but also wanted the freedom to be active in their lives. It quickly became apparent that starting her own business was the key. Locally, there are too many coffee shops, beauty parlors, and book stores...and she doesn't know the first thing about dog grooming, gun cleaning, or shoe repair. Crystal (with the help of some very amazing business women and the support of her friends and family) decided that administrative consulting was the way to go - she has the skills, the time, and the drive to help others succeed!
"Talent is like electricity. We don't understand electricity. We use it. You can plug into it and light up a lamp, keep a heart pump going, light a cathedral, or you can electrocute a person with it." ~Maya Angelou
The Relax Consulting Commitment
Crystal is committed to her core values (in this order) of: Faith, Family, and Career, Relax Consulting is committed to our clients, potential clients, and our community. We will:
1) Read, learn, and commit ourselves fully to our clients, their businesses, and we will make their mission and vision a priority.
2) Share knowledge with our clients, colleagues, and socially through network marketing to ensure that our clients are viewed as the experts they are in their individual areas.
3) Share products that will enhance the lives and businesses of our clients - keeping things a secret does not provide us with job security, it simply provides poor customer service. Keeping our clients and ourselves on the cutting edge means success for all.
4) Stop multi-tasking so we may be fully engaged with whomever we are talking to or assisting.
5) Smile and help others to embrace change and realize that every interaction is an opportunity.